Response HOTLINE 24 hour counseling services, support line services, online crisis counseling services and community education and training programs.
See Dr. Ginnetty about getting 3 credits next semester or just volunteer! Amazing experience.
September 22 & 23, 29 & 30, 2018
** PLEASE NOTE: Trainees must attend all four training sessions**
Response is seeking volunteer crisis counselors and will offer a free training program to those interested in becoming the caring voice on the other end of the phone.
- Sessions will run from 9:30 am – 4:00 pm each day
- Trainees must attend all four sessions
- Training will take place in the Stony Brook area
- College credit is available
- Bilingual volunteers are especially needed
One year commitment of four hours a week is required. Training for all programs include lecture, role-playing exercises, and private and group supervision.
Those interested in attending the upcoming training can register now to reserve their spot. Registration is pending until an application is complete and verification is conducted.