PARTS OF THE PROPOSAL PAPER
For details on paper see Paper IV Research Proposal Guide
The sections of this proposal is identical to the two previous research papers you have written and includes:
120 -250 words maximum and includes:
One- two sentences statement of the problem or research question
A brief description of the participants
A brief description of the research method and procedure
The 3 articles on your topic need to be from one of the following approved databases: ERIC, PsycARTICLES, PsycINFO, ProQuest- Articles need to be peer reviewed and published in a journal- No conference presentations, dissertations, master’s thesis etc.,
Research Summary form Good tool to summarize findings from 3 studies and to help find the purpose of your study.
Method (Sample Method for Paper IV)
- Describe whom you anticipate to sample including: Number of participants, age, gender, ethnicity and, if applicable, characteristics relevant to the study (e.g., IQ or psychopathology).
- Describe your sampling procedure and reference book or slides. In addition, specify if you are going to conduct your study online or in-person. Use Paper I or article you read for Paper I to support your decision.
You can select your measures from a list of provided on webpage. You may, of course, find other measures. You need one measure per variable.
Each measure gets its own paragraph(s) and includes:
- the name of the measure including citation (i.e., name and author) and indicate what the construct that this measure is assessing (i.e., operational definition).
- description of the measure including if applicable the number of items, the rating scale (e.g.,., 5 point Likert-type scale ranging from 1 (strongly disagree) to 5 (strongly agree). Examples of items for each dimension.
- the possible range of scores including the meaning of a high score and low score
- validity and reliability information. You should be able to find such information at the end of each measure. If it is not included, do not include
- Include which type of reliability measure you will be using for the measure.
- Describe how you will conduct your study.
- Step-by-step process you will use to complete the study
- Description of instructions given to participants which includes ethics (include consent form in an appendix)
- Any unusual testing or assessment procedures
- Do not repeat the same information presented in measures section
The section is divided into 2 sections: Descriptive Statistics and Inferential Statistics. For each variable identify which descriptive statistics is applicable. Identify which inferential statistics you will use to test your hypothesis. Sample Results Section is provided in Paper IV Research Proposal Guide
Identify and explain 3 limitations of your proposed study. One paragraph for each limitation.
Appendix A: Consent Form
Absolute NOs | Commonly misused words | Big paper checklist |