Summary of American APA Ethical Guidelines Concerning Human Subjects
1. No Harm – Is it worth it? The risk/benefit ratio Risk: physical injury, social injury, or emotional stress. Minimal risk: harm or discomfort not greater than what is experienced in daily lives.
2. Maintaining Confidentiality -Anonymity-Use of codes; elimination of identifying information.
3. Planning Research
5 Compliance with Law and Standards
6. Informed Consent to Research : Understanding, Voluntary Participation, Minors and special population
7. Offering Inducements for Research Participants
8. Deception in Research 1. Passive (omission) 2. Active (commission)
9. Minimize Invasiveness
10. Provide Participants with Information